Hello! Welcome to Peace On Earth’s new blog/website. It’s going to take a bit of putting together over the next few months as we prepare for POE 9, however, pardon our dust as we get things rolling!
As I’ve been saying over the past few months that I’ve had Team applications open, I understand that POE 7 and 8 were a little bit bumpy, as we worked to rebuild and maintain what was Sequoia’s baby within SL. It is my goal with POE 9 to introduce a team structure to help smooth out the process, and to keep any one individual from winding up burnt out. (Some of you know how close I was last year!)
For months, many talented and qualified individuals applied for the positions that I requested assistance with, and I’ve made selections that I’m incredibly confident in. I will not list them all until I receive their formal acceptances (though you can see photos of those who have already accepted on the Team page!), however, for POE 9, along with myself, we will have the aid of…
- 1 Designer Liaison – to assist with designer questions and ensure a faster turn around for issues or concerns.
- 1 Blogger Manager – to assist with blogger questions and ensure a faster turn around for issues or concerns.
- 1 Walkthrough Assistant – to assist in final walkthroughs of the stores and ensure that all participating designers are in compliance with the guidelines set forth for POE participating vendors. (Basically to keep me from going insane.)
- 2 Chat Moderators – to answer any more complicated questions in Hunters group chat.
- 2 Flickr Moderators – to assist in approving photos to be displayed in the Flickr Pool (because let’s be honest, I was the WORST at that last year…)
- 1 General “Gopher” – to help myself and any of the other team members that may need their help.
Once I receive a formal acceptance from all of these members, I will post again with their names and congratulate them all, welcoming them into the POE family. I do hope that this will help things run a bit more smoothly this year.
In other news, aside from this new website that we’re slowly working on, we’ve also got a Facebook page that you can “Like” us on, if you’ve got a Facebook you use with SL. You can find that page on the sidebar.
And because I know you all are probably curious…
- July 1st, 2016 – Designer applications will open
- September 1st, 2016 – Blogger applications will open
- November 1st, 2016 – Designer applications will close
- November 15th, 2016 – Blogger applications will close
- December 1st – 31st, 2016 – POE 9 Hunt Dates
Stay tuned for more information as we get closer to the hunt!